The University of KwaZulu-Natal (UKZN) has highlighted priority areas requiring funding. Donors can choose the cause that they wish to support from among the priority areas. Donors are encouraged to support the Endowment Fund which ensures that the University has funds in reserve for future projects of the institution. To make a monthly or once off contribution click on the relevant link below:
Donors may establish a bursary fund in the name of an organisation, one’s own name, the name of a family or a loved one. The process for establishing a bursary is a few simple steps:
- Fill out the online form.
- A draft Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) will be created using the details provided.
- A Development Officer will contact you to confirm the details and to assist you tailor the MOU.
- Once the MOU is in place, you can deposit/transfer the funds to the UKZN Foundation.
- The department of Student Services will provide you a list of prospective recipients of your bursary based on the criteria agreed on.
- Once you sign approval of the recipients, funds will be disbursed to the students fee account.
You will receive regular reports on the progress of students and you will be kept informed of the events and activities of the Foundation.
Establish an endowment fund in the name of your organisation, your own name, the name of your family or a loved one. There are minimum contributions required to establish a named endowment fund. Disbursements will only be made on the growth on the capital. Send an e-mail to email@example.com and one of our friendly Development Officers will contact you to assist you through the process.
Leave a legacy by including a gift to the University in your Will. Preparing a Will is a very personal and confidential exercise, and understandably, you would use your Will to benefit your family and loved ones first. However, you may also wish to consider including a bequest to the UKZN Foundation. Always seek the advice of your lawyer or financial consultant to assist you with your bequest.
Contact our offices for a confidential discussion: firstname.lastname@example.org
Corporate Social Investment (CSI) Projects
UKZN has a proven track record of converting CSI spend into tangible and measurable outputs. Our Development Officers actively seek partners to fund community-based projects. Organisations and individuals looking for a strategic partner to engage in responsible community projects are encouraged to contact the Foundation or the relevant person for more information.